I publish this blog in my private capacity, in my own time, and at my own expense. There is no automatic right to comment here. I reserve the right to publish, refuse to publish, or modify any content submitted to this website.
I write in order to further my own understanding. I invite comradely criticism of everything I write. Critique and discussion are the process by which ideas are developed and advanced. I have a reasonably thick skin, and I like to think I have something approaching a sense of ‘humour’. However I do not feel compelled to host personal attacks, racism, sexism, or other bullsh-t that just puts me in a bad mood. As such, if you decide to respond to a post I ask that you respect the following:
- ASSUME GOOD FAITH. It’s the basis for constructive discussion .
- BIGOTS F-CK OFF. Racism, sexism, and queer hating or trans-phobic bullsh-t will just get an IP added to the disallow list. The same goes for anything that even looks like bullying, harassment, intimidation, threats and so on.
- NAMES. Have the guts to own what you say. Preferably use your real name, or the name by which you are commonly known in political work. If you must use a pseudonym, pick one and stick to it.
- EMAIL. Use a valid email address. This is a conversation, you have the ability to email me, I might want to email you. If you’re not comfortable with this, please don’t post.
- INSULTS. Engage ideas, not people. The odd friendly insult is acceptable, but be aware that sarcasm doesn’t convey that well in text. Swearing is fine, but please replace vowels with a dash or asterix, it helps avoid school and workplace internet filters. I often forget this one, feel free to pick me up on it.
- LANGUAGE. Unfortunately I only speak English. I welcome responses in any language supported by Google Translate. I especially welcome comments in Bahasa Indonesia. If you’re bilingual and you have the time, why not post your comment in multiple languages?
This wordpress install is currently set to:
- hold all comments for moderation; AND
- close commenting on threads fourteen days after a post was published.
Last Updated 21 November 2012.
 h/t John Quiggin.
 Wikipedia’s Assume Good Faith should be required reading for all internet users.
. I am trying to correct my monolingual deficiency. Saya bisa berbicara Bahasa Indonesia sedikit sedikit… is about as much Bahasa Indonesia as I can string together at this point.
 Ok, that’s a big ask, but it expands the potential audience for a discussion.